ACCF volunteers play an integral role in our mission to create a future free from cervical cancer.
Our volunteers help us extend our networks, provide information and support services, and implement education programs as well as fundraising campaigns throughout Australia. Volunteers and interns have the opportunity to engage with and gain experience in a range of long and short-term roles including administration, communications and marketing, fundraising and human resources. Short-term project based roles also become available on a requirement basis.
Our volunteers are considered an equal part of the team along with paid staff and Board Members, and are offered positions that best recognise their skills, experience and personal preferences. All applicants for volunteer positions must go through a screening and recruitment process. Volunteers are provided with induction, support and training to perform their chosen tasks.
Many of our volunteer roles do not require any additional training but some roles require particular skills, specialist training and/or experience.
Principles of volunteering
ACCF believes that volunteering should be mutually beneficial for both the volunteer and the organisation and is proud to have adopted the principles of volunteering created by Volunteering Australia. These principles state that:
- Volunteering benefits the community and the volunteer
- Volunteer work is unpaid
- Volunteering is always a matter of choice
- Volunteering is not compulsorily undertaken to receive pensions or government allowances
- Volunteering is a legitimate way in which citizens can participate in the activities of their community
- Volunteering is a vehicle for individuals or groups to address human, environmental and social needs
- Volunteering is an activity performed in the not for profit sector only
- Volunteering is not a substitute for paid work
- Volunteers do not replace paid workers nor constitute a threat to the job security of paid workers
- Volunteering respects the rights, dignity and culture of others
- Volunteering promotes human rights and equality
Interested in joining the ACCF Team?
Just complete the form on the Contact Us page letting us know that you are interested in volunteering for ACCF. We will be in touch with you swiftly to see if there is a position available at the moment that suits your skills and interests.